PARSIPPANY, NJ—Cendant Corporation’s travel distribution services division, which includes travel companies such as CheapTickets.com, Lodging.com, Highwire and Galileo International, has streamlined its communications structure, incorporating 10 brands into a single division. Dawn Soper Lyon will head the division’s newly integrated corporate communications and public affairs team as vice president.
The newly integrated corporate communications and public affairs group will coordinate messaging for the 10 travel brands, operating through five customer-focused business units, in an attempt to ensure consistency and increase the division’s effectiveness in the marketplace.
According to Elliot Bloom, senior vice president, Cendant corporate communications, “The streamlined structure creates great opportunities for Cendant’s TDS Division to fully integrate its communications team and seamlessly blend our outreach activities to customers, financial markets, the news media and other important stakeholders.”
Lyon comes to the new position from Trip Network, acquired by Cendant in April 2003. At Trip Network, she served as senior director of communications and public affairs for the company and its consumer online brands, CheapTickets.com and Trip.com. Her prior experience includes senior positions at Chevron and Amtrak.
The new global communications team includes:
· Jill Brenner, director of Galileo’s Americas region, who is responsible for providing public relations and corporate communications counsel to the Americas and airline services business units;
· Julian Cacchioli, director of Galileo International’s Europe, Middle East and Africa region, responsible for the area’s public relations, corporate affairs and external communications activities supporting the global brand;
· Eliza Dalton, senior manager of hospitality and leisure communications, who is responsible for building communications to support a new business unit to serve the exclusive needs of hoteliers, rental car companies, cruise lines and tour operators;
· Allison Jackson, manager of airline, technology and product communications, who is supporting multiple brands providing services to airlines and other suppliers, travel agencies and corporations;
· Denise Miller, senior manager of internal communications, who is responsible for company-wide internal communications, including change management and leadership development;
· Stuart Ridsdale, director of Galileo’s Asia Pacific region, who is responsible for all public relations and corporate communications for the area;
· Kate Sullivan, director of retail travel communications, who will oversee corporate communications for CheapTickets.com, Lodging.com, Traveler’s Advantage and Cendant Travel agency operations.