NEW YORK—Peppercom has launched PepperDigital, a service that helps clients use emerging and alternative media channels to enhance their communications. The offering counsels corporations on the benefits, risks, and subtleties of integrating emerging media tools with traditional communications programs.
PepperDigital offers a wide-range of interactive marketing services, including corporate blog and podcast development, mobile (text message) campaigns, viral videos and games, and search engine optimization.
“In the rapidly evolving digital landscape, it is important for companies to understand the benefits and risks of integrating these new media into a communications program,” says Ted Birkhahn, partner and senior director. “Without a sound digital marketing strategy, organizations run the risk of disseminating messages that are not aligned with the rest of its communications platform, thus confusing the marketplace or worse, damaging its reputation.
“PepperDigital combines Peppercom’s positioning expertise with an in-depth understanding of the digital universe to help manage those risks and uncover new opportunities for online communications.”
Specific products will include
• Viral marketing: producing entertaining, brand-focused content—from video clips to advergames to audio snippets—designed to be passed along in an exponential fashion;
• Corporate blogs: developing and managing online forums for organizations to engage their stakeholders;
• Podcasts: recording and distributing audio content on topics that position an organization as a thought leader;
• Mobile marketing: distributing marketing messages via wireless devices such as cell phones and PDAs;
• Search engine optimization: Improving the ranking of a website in search engine listings;
Peppercom also offers Digital LAB, which educates organizations on how interactive marketing and emerging channels can enhance communications initiatives.