WHITE PLAINS, MD—Tobin Communications, a media relations firm known for its radio media tours, is launching a telephone media training service to “help spokespeople shine during interviews with radio and print news journalists.”
According to agency president Maury Tobin, “Tobin Communications will coach your spokesperson to better hone his or her message; to be conversational rather than overly rehearsed; to deal with difficult questions; to guide the interview by being informative and entertaining rather than too solicitous; and to be direct.
The service includes:
· Drafting questions for media training session (questions are based on the spokesperson’s biography and the upcoming media campaign’s press materials and backgrounders);
· Conducting a one-hour telephone media training session with the spokesperson;
· Drafting a brief report that contains suggestions for improvement and strategies for success;
· Guiding the spokesperson during an actual telephone interview with a radio station;
· Producing cassette tapes of the training session and radio interview; and
· Preparing a final summary report.