The latest PR news from the Holmes Report.
Opinion and commentary from the Holmes Report.
The Holmes Report's Echo Chamber PR show lifts the lid on key stories and trends.
Latest video interviews and campaigns from the Holmes Report.
Long-form journalism that analyzes the issues, challenges and opportunities facing the business and practice of PR.
Industry-leading analysis of the PR stories that matter.
Up close and personal with leaders from the marketing and PR worlds.
Keeping up with the latest thinking on PR industry expansion.
Diversity & inclusion trends, views and analysis from the Holmes Report.
Coverage of the Cannes Lions from the Holmes Report in association with ICCO.
Coverage of the World Economic Forum in Davos.
Creative work, trends and views from the global public relations industry.
Dedicated to exploring the new frontiers of PR as it dives deeper into social media, content and analytics.
Our coverage of key technology PR trends and challenges from around the world of digital communications.
From brand marketing to conscious consumerism, coverage of key marketing and PR trends worldwide.
Coverage of global corporate reputation and communications news and trends, from the leading online corporate PR news website The Holmes Report. Subscribe today!
The Holmes Report's coverage, analysis and news around the rapidly-shifting area of employee engagement and internal communications.
Sports PR news, diversity & inclusion trends, views and analysis from the Holmes Report. Subscribe today for the very latest in the world of sports communications.
The Holmes Report's annual analysis of the top reputation crises to rock the corporate sector.
The Holmes Report's annual forecast of trends that will impact the PR world in the year ahead.
The Holmes Report's definitive global benchmark of global PR agency size and growth, new for 2018.
The key global benchmark of PR agency rankings, industry size and trends, from 2016 onwards.
The Holmes Report's annual selections for PR Agencies of the Year, across all of the world's major markets.
The world's 100 most powerful corporate communicators.
The Holmes Report profiles marketing and communications innovators from across North America, EMEA and Asia-Pac.
The most creatively awarded PR campaigns and agencies in the world.
In-depth annual research into the PR industry's efforts to raise creative standards.
The world's biggest PR awards programme, dedicated to benchmarking the best PR work from across the globe.
The biggest PR conference of the year, a high-level forum designed for senior practitioners to address the critical issues that matter most.
Exploring the innovation and disruption that is redefining influence and engagement.
Unrivalled insight into the world's best PR agencies, across specialist and geographic categories.
Bringing together in-house comms leaders with PR firms to discuss critical global issues.
The PR industry’s most comprehensive listing of firms from every region and specialty
Find the latest global PR and communications jobs from the Holmes Report. From internships to account executives or directors. See all our PR jobs here.
Content from the Holmes Report's premium partners.
Gagen MacDonald is a strategy execution firm that helps companies turn strategies into results. Working collaboratively from the corporate office to the front line, we use an organization’s leadership, brand, culture, vision and history to motivate and align employees behind accomplishing business objectives. Focusing our experiences and passions, we make our client’s cause our cause.
We are passionate about helping organizations manage the human struggle of change. Our clients include global Fortune 500 companies with some of the most recognized brands in the world. Large-scale business transformation requires an integrated, cross-discipline approach including Change Management; Leadership Development; Communications programs; Employee Engagement; Culture Change. Drawing upon nearly 20 years of experience as industry pioneers, we have the capabilities to execute across all of these disciplines.
Gagen MacDonald’s company culture exemplifies our values and purpose. We celebrate individuals and their contributions to the vitality of our firm.
As consultant and account manager, you will play a key role in project engagement and business building. You will help develop and implement strategic communication programs focused on employee engagement, as well as large-scale change management, business transformation and culture change initiatives. You will serve as a day-to-day client contact and work with the account team to deliver high-quality work consistent with Gagen MacDonald’s standards that meets clients’ expectations and advances their goals.
We invite you to apply to Gagen MacDonald for this role if you:
• Are an energetic, critical thinker, with a passion for collaboration and independent development
• Understand and have experience in project planning, account management and client relationship excellence
• Can drive measureable impacts on workplace performance and business results
• Are able to bring in the human and emotional elements to rational, business transformation
Design and implement client initiatives that consist of project and account management functions with the following accountabilities:
• Lead or contribute to the design of employee engagement and change communication strategies and tactics that are aligned with business goals and deliver real results
• Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of a client project including taking client calls, staffing/resources, project work plans, budgets, invoicing and activity reporting. Track team revenue goals, forecasts and budgets
• Ensure the account team has a clear understanding of client and account needs, and their individual project roles and responsibilities
• Develop high-quality written deliverables including messaging, corporate narratives/stories, presentations, reports, executive remarks, video scripts, online content
• Establish and maintain solid results-oriented, trusted relationships with clients
• Provide counsel and facilitate conversations to help clients evaluate their needs, lead their thinking and co-create solutions
• Collaborate across the firm to bring in subject matter experts as needed and infuse creative elements into traditional client work
• Contribute to identifying new opportunities at the client and bringing forward appropriate Gagen MacDonald offerings, products and services to meet the need and development
• Functional expertise in change management, business transformation, internal
communication, employee engagement and culture change.
• Experience leading elements of mergers/acquisitions, business transformation, organizational change and functional change programming
• Knowledgeable of new trends in digital strategies and channels, and how to effectively deploy them to engage target stakeholders
• Understand how to work effectively and confidently across at all levels within client
organizations, including with senior executives
• In-house and agency/consultancy experience a plus
Skills & Competencies
• Organizing & Planning: Able to be highly productive and efficient. Can effectively
manage time wisely and prioritize competing tasks
• Problem Solving & Decision Making: Can identify problems, solve them, act decisively,
and show good judgement. Approaches problems and decisions methodically
• Customer Orientation: Establishes and maintains solid results-oriented, trusted
relationships with internal and external clients
• Change Agility: Disciplined self-starter with the ability to be effective when faced with
ambiguity. Able to be flexible, open to new ideas and quickly adapt to new situations
• Team Player: Readily shares resources, responds to requests and partners with people within and across teams. Willing to roll up sleeves to get the work done regardless of level
• Results Orientation: Maintains appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments,
and conveys a sense of urgency to make things happen
• Drive/Energy: Exhibits high level of energy and passion about their role in the organization. Able to handle substantial workloads and stays motivated to maintain a fast pace
Experience & Qualifications
• 6-10 years of corporate, agency or consulting experience in strategic communication roles with a focus on internal communication, employee engagement and/or change
communication. Experience consulting to global Fortune 500 corporations a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, English, journalism or related field, or equivalent combination of education, experience and training. Advanced degree a plus
• Demonstrated experience in successfully creating and delivering strategic communication programs aligned with business goals that deliver real results
• Experience working both independently and collaboratively while partnering across
• Experience building relationships and business by identifying and pursuing new
opportunities with clients
• Experience navigating large, complex organizations
• Strong writing skills, especially the ability to articulate complex situations or topics simply and in an engaging style
• Willing to travel as needed for client engagements. Position based in Chicago
We feel that the views of the reader are as important as the views of the writer. Please contact us at [email protected]Signup For Our Newsletter Media Kits/Editorial Calendar Jobs Postings Sitemap
© The Holmes Report 2018