The latest PR news from the Holmes Report.
Opinion and commentary from the Holmes Report.
The Holmes Report's Echo Chamber PR show lifts the lid on key stories and trends.
Latest video interviews and campaigns from the Holmes Report.
Long-form journalism that analyzes the issues, challenges and opportunities facing the business and practice of PR.
Industry-leading analysis of the PR stories that matter.
Up close and personal with leaders from the marketing and PR worlds.
Keeping up with the latest thinking on PR industry expansion.
Diversity & inclusion trends, views and analysis from the Holmes Report.
Coverage of the Cannes Lions from the Holmes Report in association with ICCO.
Coverage of the World Economic Forum in Davos.
Creative work, trends and views from the global public relations industry.
Dedicated to exploring the new frontiers of PR as it dives deeper into social media, content and analytics.
Our coverage of key technology PR trends and challenges from around the world of digital communications.
From brand marketing to conscious consumerism, coverage of key marketing and PR trends worldwide.
Coverage of global corporate reputation and communications news and trends, from the leading online corporate PR news website The Holmes Report. Subscribe today!
The Holmes Report's coverage, analysis and news around the rapidly-shifting area of employee engagement and internal communications.
Sports PR news, diversity & inclusion trends, views and analysis from the Holmes Report. Subscribe today for the very latest in the world of sports communications.
The Holmes Report's annual analysis of the top reputation crises to rock the corporate sector.
The Holmes Report's annual forecast of trends that will impact the PR world in the year ahead.
The Holmes Report's definitive global benchmark of global PR agency size and growth, new for 2018.
The key global benchmark of PR agency rankings, industry size and trends, from 2016 onwards.
The Holmes Report's annual selections for PR Agencies of the Year, across all of the world's major markets.
The world's 100 most powerful corporate communicators.
The Holmes Report profiles marketing and communications innovators from across North America, EMEA and Asia-Pac.
The most creatively awarded PR campaigns and agencies in the world.
In-depth annual research into the PR industry's efforts to raise creative standards.
The world's biggest PR awards programme, dedicated to benchmarking the best PR work from across the globe.
The biggest PR conference of the year, a high-level forum designed for senior practitioners to address the critical issues that matter most.
Exploring the innovation and disruption that is redefining influence and engagement.
Unrivalled insight into the world's best PR agencies, across specialist and geographic categories.
Bringing together in-house comms leaders with PR firms to discuss critical global issues.
The PR industry’s most comprehensive listing of firms from every region and specialty
Find the latest global PR and communications jobs from the Holmes Report. From internships to account executives or directors. See all our PR jobs here.
Content from the Holmes Report's premium partners.
Gagen MacDonald is a strategy execution firm that helps companies turn strategies into results. Working collaboratively from the corporate office to the front line, we use an organization’s leadership, brand, culture, vision and history to motivate and align employees behind accomplishing business objectives. Focusing our experiences and passions, we make our client’s cause our cause.
We are passionate about helping organizations manage the human struggle of change. Our clients include global Fortune 500 companies with some of the most recognized brands in the world. Large-scale business transformation requires an integrated, cross-discipline approach including Change Management; Leadership Development; Communications programs; Employee Engagement; Culture Change. Drawing upon nearly 20 years of experience as industry pioneers, we have the capabilities to execute across all of these disciplines.
Gagen MacDonald’s company culture exemplifies our values and purpose. We celebrate individuals and their contributions to the vitality of our firm.
As an experienced, senior-level consultant at Gagen MacDonald, you will lead significant client accounts, providing counsel and ensuring effective execution for large-scale change management, business transformation, employee engagement and culture change initiatives that deliver measurable impact on clients’ workplace performance and business results.
In your role, you will have overall strategic leadership for client relationships on the accounts that you lead including providing counsel and work deliverables, and for growing those relationships into strategic accounts for the firm. You will be responsible for leading the day-to-day account work for multiple clients, delivering account revenue goals and for supervising account teams. You also will play a key role in new business development and in identifying and/or codifying Gagen MacDonald offerings and intellectual property.
If you are an energetic yet practical team leader who excels in project and account management to produce a measureable impact on workplace performance and business results, while understanding the human side of change, we invite you to help grow our firm’s employee engagement, leadership, and culture change practice area. The position will be based in Chicago. Ability to travel and spend significant time/embed with clients is a requirement.
Design and implement client and firm initiatives that consist of account management, business development and people management functions with the following accountabilities:
- Lead large, complex client projects in areas such as employee engagement, change communication, leadership communication and development, functional assessment and organizational design, digital and social media strategies, internal branding, research and measurement.
- Lead strategic account management and growth plans for designated clients with revenue responsibilities.
- Provide counsel and facilitate conversation to help clients evaluate their needs, lead their thinking and co-create solutions.
- Set and define Key Performance Indicators for meeting client business objectives, adjusting strategies and actions as needed to ensure targets are met.
- Work with clients to develop business cases and budgets that meet objectives.
- Understand digital applications to increase employee engagement and experiential learning.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of a client project including staffing/resources, project work plans, invoicing and activity reporting. Set team revenue goals, forecasts, and budgets.
- Manage the comprehensive work product to ensure it is delivered on time, on budget and according to client expectations.
- Bring strong contacts and build relationships to develop a lead generation network to secure new business opportunities.
- Identify new opportunities at the client and integrate and cross-sell the firm’s breadth of offerings while selling transformational/culture change/OD solutions.
- Design strategic, impactful new business proposals and presentations to advance business goals and offerings.
- Develop team with professional growth and training opportunities to deliver on employee, client and account needs in conjunction with the Team Lead.
- Functional technical expertise on internal communications, change management, leadership development, employee engagement and culture change.
- Knowledgeable about digital and social media strategies and channels, and how to effectively deploy them to engage target stakeholders.
- Understand the workings of the C-Suite and experience navigating large, complex organizations
Skills & Competencies
- Consultative/Facilitation Skills: Able to hear a client situation, be conversant on our offerings and facilitate to outcomes. Brings a teachable point of view, yet remains flexible. Can guide conversations to help clients see the possibilities in their organizations and capture the imagination of what’s possible to co-create solutions.
- Leadership: Exhibits change agility, influence, and strategic mission focus. Makes things bigger and yet is very practical with a learning orientation.
- Communication and Presentation Skills: Confident verbal communicator with strong presentation skills.
- Relationship Building/Sensitivity (EQ): Adept team player who quickly establishes rapport with others and gains their confidence. Can listen to and support leaders who are resistant to change. Values, respects and shows empathy toward others.
- Business Acumen: Able to analyze problems and make sound decisions. Can demonstrate understanding of the client’s business.
- Organizing and Planning: Can envision and clearly lay out the plan. Builds solutions with people from different backgrounds and fields resources to execute the plan.
- Team Management: Able to align, motivate, and manage account teams. Entrusts work to others, provides guidance and monitors work product. Provides resources needed for success.
Experience & Qualifications
- 10-15+ years of corporate, agency or consulting experience in strategic communication roles with a focus on internal communication, employee engagement and/or change communication. Experience consulting to global Fortune 500 corporations a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully creating and delivering strategic communication programs aligned with business goals that deliver real results.
- Possesses a customer orientation and passion for client service.
- Strong content development and writing skills, with the ability to articulate complex situations or topics simply and in an engaging style. Consumer writing (grammar/AP Style) a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, English, journalism or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Able to travel as significantly as needed for client engagements
- Position based in Chicago
We feel that the views of the reader are as important as the views of the writer. Please contact us at [email protected]Signup For Our Newsletter Media Kits/Editorial Calendar Jobs Postings Sitemap
© The Holmes Report 2018