Holmes Report 06 Jan 2019 // 4:47PM GMT
NEW YORK—Senior corporate communications executives from global companies including Abbott, Aflac, Conagra; Dow Jones, Exelon, IBM, Liberty Mutual, and RB have joined the jury for the 2019 North American SABRE Awards.
Among the client-side judges who will be helping to select the best public relations campaigns of 2018:
- Alvenia Scarborough, senior VP of corporate communications and brand marketing at The Chemours Company;
- Andrew Robinson, senior vp of communications at Dow Jones;
- Catherine Blades, chief brand and communications officer at Aflac (pictured);
- Joe Cohen, chief communications officer at Axis Capital;
- Jon Harris, chief communications officer at Conagra;
- Karen Pevenstein, director of public relations at Liberty Mutual Insurance;
- Lynn Kenney, head of corporate communications at RB;
- Maggie Fitzpatrick, head of corporate affairs at Exelon;
- Peter Lucht, head of media relations at Liberty Mutual;
- Ray Day, chief communications officer at IBM;
- Tiffany Werth, VP of marketing at WEX
- Vicky Assardo, director of global public affairs at Abbott.
“One of the things that distinguishes the SABRE Awards from other competitions is the quality of our judges,” says Paul Holmes, who has chaired the jury for 30 years. “Judges from the client side have a focus on tangible business results because they understand better than anyone what CEOs and other senior executives are looking for. We are grateful that so many senior communicators are willing to do all the hard work involved in judging.”
The 2019 SABRE Awards are now open for entries with a deadline at the end of the month (January 28) to send us your very best work. Work is eligible in a variety of categories, from consumer marketing and digital and social work, all the way through to corporate reputation, capital markets, crisis, public affairs and employee communications, and entries can be uploaded here.