Holmes Report 15 Apr 2012 // 11:00PM GMT
MIAMI—Senior corporate communicators including David Roman of Lenovo (pictured), Gary Sheffer of GE and Ian Wright of Diageo have joined the speaker lineup for the first Global Public Relations Summit, organized by The Holmes Group and scheduled for Miami Beach on October 29-31.
The truly global lineup of speakers—made up largely of chief communications officers and chief marketing officers—includes representatives from Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and North America.
From Asia and Asian companies, speakers include Stephen Forshaw of Temasek, Meenu Handa of Microsoft India, David Roman of Lenovo and Simon Sproule of Nissan.
From Europe, headliners include Andre Manning of Philips, Joe Paluska of Better Place, Anne Villemoes of Danish Crown, and Ian Wright of Diageo, while the Middle East region will be represented by Maha Abouelenein of Google.
North American speakers include Christa Carone of Xerox, Jon Iwata of IBM, Gary Sheffer of GE, as well as agency leaders Harris Diamond of Weber Shandwick and Mark Penn of Burson-Marsteller.
In addition, recently departed CCOs Matthew Anderson (News Corp) and Bill Wohl (HP) will be part of a high-level panel discussing crisis communications.
A complete list of speakers includes:
• Maha Abouelenein, head of global communications and public affairs, Middle East & North Africa, Google
• Matthew Anderson, former group director, strategy and corporate affairs, News Corp
• Pascal Beucler, senior VP and chief strategy officer, MSLGroup
• Christa Carone, chief marketing officer, Xerox
• Harris Diamond, chief executive officer, Weber Shandwick
• Stephen Forshaw, managing director of corporate affairs, Temasek
• Meenu Handa, director of corporate communications, Microsoft India
• Jon Iwata, senior VP, marketing and communications, IBM
• Maril MacDonald, founder and CEO of Gagen MacDonald
• Andre Manning, global head of external communications, Royal Philips Electronics
• Gaurav Mishra, head of digital and social, MSLGroup Asia
• Joe Paluska, vice president communications, Better Place
• Mark Penn, chief executive of Burson-Marsteller
• Dave Roman, senior vp and chief marketing officer, Lenovo
• Gary Sheffer, vp of corporate communications and public affairs, General Electric
• Simon Sproule, corporate VP, global marketing communications, Nissan Motor Co.
• Anne Villemoes, head of communication, Danish Crown
• Bill Wohl, former chief communications officer, HP
• Ian Wright, corporate relations director, Diageo