Holmes Report 10 Apr 2015 // 9:43AM GMT
LONDON—Jamal Edwards, the YouTube entrepreneur credited with revolutionising the UK music industry, has joined the speaker lineup for the EMEA In2 Innovation Summit, taking place in London on 19 May.
Edwards, who was recently awarded an MBE after turning SBTV into one of YouTube's hottest channels, will feature in a conversation on creativity, brands, digital communication and innovation. The 24-year-old, who is now worth £8m, is viewed as one of the UK's key young entrepreneurs, working with brands like Burberry and Puma and delivering talks for Cannes Lions, TedXHollywood and TedXHousesOfParliament.
The panel, which kicks off the #In2Summit at the Barbican Centre, will also include Unilever Haircare global PR and social media head Heather Mitchell; Lions Festivals' corporate development director Rob Dembitz; and, Prime executive creative director Tom Beckman. It will be moderated by Weber Shandwick EMEA digital head Adam Clyne.
The In2Summit precedes the SABRE Awards EMEA that evening at the Roundhouse London. The daytime conference will also celebrate the best content, social media & analytics work across from across EMEA, via the In2 SABRE Awards at lunchtime. The conference follows last year's inspiring In2Summit in London.
The conference will step up its exploration of the innovation, disruption and evolution that continues to redefine influence and engagement. Once again, it will feature a mix of panel discussions and lightning talks, focusing on the theme of Tomorrow, and how it applies to brands, technology, talent, insights and campaigns.
Confirmed speakers for the London In2Summit include:
- Jamal Edwards, founder, SBTV
- Heather Mitchell, global head of PR and social media, Unilever Hair Care
- David Parkinson, head of digital, Nissan Africa, Middle East and India
- Paul Fabretti, global head of social media, Microsoft CAS
- Nicola Green, director of communications and reputation,Telefónica O2 UK
- Rob Dembitz, corporate development director, Lions Festivals, head of Lions Innovation.
Meanwhile, confirmed senior agency speakers so far include
- Tom Beckman, executive creative director of iconic Swedish firm Prime
- W2O Group president Bob Pearson
- Waggener-Edstrom EMEA GM Chris Talago
- Zeno global insights/strategy MD Therese Caruso;
- Weber Shandwick EMEA head of digital Adam Clyne
- H+K Strategies director of content and publishing strategies Vikki Chowney
- Mohamed Al Ayed, CEO of Saudi Arabian firm TRACCS.
- Hotwire UK group MD Alex MacLaverty
Tickets for the In2 Summit and SABRE Awards gala can now be purchased online. For more information on this year's event visit In2Summit.com.
"The In2Summit should be a red letter day on the calendar of any senior leader in the comms industry," said Tata Consultancy Services Europe CMO/CCO Abhinav Kumar, who spoke at last year's event. "It looks at innovation, not as an esoteric or academic exercise, but a real world one — by bringing in some great speakers who are practising what they are preaching."
Check out the highlights video from last year's event: