Prior to joining Coca-Cola more than 10 years ago, Baskin served as the general manager of Cohn & Wolfe’s Atlanta office where he led some of the agency’s largest accounts including Coca-Cola, Hasbro and AFLAC. During his tenure at Coca-Cola, Baskin was responsible for PR for the company’s U.S. soft drinks division, for corporate media relations, and public relations counseling for the company’s corporate marketing division.
He also managed public relations support for key sponsorships including the Olympic and World Cup programs.
“Rob’s addition to our firm brings a tremendous strategic resource to clients and to our staff,” said agency chief executive Lou Capozzi. “His expertise in managing communications at one of the world’s most recognized and respected companies will contribute to our Atlanta office, and to our corporate and consumer practices.”
Baskin will direct client service in the Atlanta office and provide senior counsel to both corporate and consumer marketing clients. He takes over the role of director of client service from Jim Tsokanos, who was recently appointed as managing director of the office.
The firm also handled several new clients, including:
- APAC, the nation’s largest asphalt and concrete paving company and a division of Ashland Inc.;
- Blue Rhino., the leading national provider of propane cylinder exchange services for barbecue grills;
- Heidelberg USA, a division of a leading print media equipment provider that is headquartered in Germany;
- The Krystal Company, which operates and franchises more than 450 quick service restaurants; and
- Per-Se Technologies, a leading provider of integrated business management outsourcing services, applications software and Internet-enabled connectivity for the healthcare industry.