BARCELONA—Three Silver SABRE winning campaigns—ranging from a massive experiential effort for Microsoft Xbox to an innovative recruitment “game”—will be showcased at the ThinkTank Live conference that will take place at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona on May 30, the day of the SABRE Awards dinner.
The featured campaigns include:
• Experience: Halo for Halo 4, an immersive experiential campaign (pictured) that took reporters and bloggers inside the new game, which will be presented by Michael Hermann, head of Xbox EMEA brand PR and corporate reputation at Microsoft, along with representatives from Edelman;
• Blocket Easter Eggs, a game created to help software company Blocket recruit more engineers, presented by Martin Ehn, HR manager at Blocket, and Jonas Sevenius (pictured) of PR agency Jung Relations;
• Stratos Jump Successful, a clever hijacking of the Red Bull-sponsored “parachute jump from space,” which will be presented by Model Makers Fair Vienna and Ogilvy&Mather.
The three award-winners will present images of their campaigns and then discuss the creative process that led to their success.
Tickets for the SABRE Awards dinner (which includes free attendance at the ThinkTank Live conference) can be ordered here. Tickets for the ThinkTank Live conference only cost $150 and can be reserved online here.
Other highlights of the conference include:
• Sixtine Bouygues, director for strategy and corporate communication at the European Commission, who will focus on the complexities of creating content to deliver the Commission’s messages across multiple member states in multiple languages using multiple communications channels.
• Wendy Gold, regional consumer and digital PR lead for Microsoft in the EMEA region, and Kate Steele, senior director and Microsoft client relationship lead for Weber Shandwick, will discuss “Storytelling: From Content to Conversation”;
• Montse Carbo from food company Gallina Blanca Star; Graciela Ramallo of construction products company FYM Italcementi Group; and Carolina Camayo of The History Channel will join Ana Margarida Ximines of leading Iberian public relations consultancy Inforpress, on a panel focused on “Keys to Successful Multimedia Storytelling.”