Visual content is a key to engagement across all marketing materials, according to a survey of marketing professionals regarding the use of visual content as a tool in various marketing disciplines, including online and collateral production, social media, and public relations conducted by Matter Communications.
“We’re seeing in our clients’ marketing and public relations programs that pictures, video and infographics are crucial to better engagement; and the results of this survey certainly underscore that point,” says Scott Signore, CEO of Matter Communications. “Brands of all flavors see higher engagement with their customers when they deploy visual content across their marketing disciplines, from social and public relations, to web site content and even static marketing materials like annual reports.”
Among the key findings:
• 95 percent believe visual content is very important for online marketing
• 89 percent are already using or plan to use visual content in social media
• 87 percent believe visual content is critical for traditional marketing
• 80 percent plan to budget for production of visual content in 2013
• 96.7 percent believe that visual content engages best on social media