Holmes Report 11 Sep 2018 // 11:31PM GMT
HONG KONG—Chinese cosmetics brand Chando and its agency Shanghai Soho Square took home the Platinum SABRE Award for the best public relations campaign of the past year at the 2018 Asia-Pacific SABRE Awards ceremony in Singapore last night, winning out from more than 1,500 entries in this year’s competition.
The Beautiful Surgery Lines Campaign tackled female self-perception of beauty in China, by showcasing a mother's influence on her daughter's looks, driving sales and engagement for the brand. The campaign beat out five other Platinum nominated campaigns for the Best in Show honors:
2. Palau Pledge — The Palau Legacy Project with Red Agency and Host/Havas
3. Shell Emotion Tracking Study — Shell Malaysia with Edelman
4. Changing Housework from a JOB to JOY — Procter and Gamble Japan K.K. with Dentsu Public Relations Inc
5. 'Be Real' : Microsoft Pirates A Celebrity — Microsoft with Echo Myanmar
6. Vicks 'Touch of Care' that Moved Millions — P&G Vicks with 20:20 MSL
Japanese giant Dentsu and its clients took home the most trophies, with seven Gold/Diamond winners each, ahead of Adfactors, Burson Cohn & Wolfe, FleishmanHillard, Ogilvy, Red Agency and Weber Shandwick (five each.)
A complete list of Asia-Pacific SABRE winners can be found here.
2018 Asia-Pacific Consultancies of the Year can be found here.