Holmes Report 30 Nov 2014 // 1:50PM GMT
LONDON—Senior corporate communicators from leading companies including McDonad’s, PayPal, PwC, Qantas, Telefonica and Volvo Cars are among the jury members for this year’s EMEA region SABRE Awards, which will recognize the best in public relations programming from Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Senior client-side judges already confirmed include:
- Christina Smedley (pictured), vice president and global brand and communications manager, PayPal
- Dionne Parker, communications director, McDonald’s UK
- Malin Schwartz, vp, product and brand communications, Volvo Cars
- Nick Crabb, regional marketing manager, Europe, Qantas Airways
- Nicola Green, head of communications and reputation, Telefonica
- Sabine Müllauer-Ohev Ami, director of communications,PwC Austria
They will join a jury of about 50 industry leaders, including senior executives from global public relations agencies; founders and principals from independent consultancies; and senior in-house communicators from companies, trade associations, non-profits and governments around the region.
“One of the things that has always set the SABRE Awards apart is the quality of the judges,” says Paul Holmes, who chairs the SABRE jury. “Senior executives like this bring unrivaled expertise and creativity to the judging process. They have an understanding of what great PR looks like, and the knowledge and experience to identify brilliant creative insight and evaluate the effectiveness of the various campaigns they review.”
Additional judges will be announced over the next few weeks.
A complete list of EMEA SABRE categories can be found at our dedicated SABRE website. The deadline for entries is Friday, December 19, 2014. Late entries (accompanied by a late fee) will be accepted until Friday, January 23, 2015.